Possible Affirmative Cases
This year's resolution provides for a wide variety of affirmative cases that students can really latch on to with a strong emotional belief. Many possibilities are listed below!
1. Law of the Sea: Develop Energy Resources, Reduce Risk of Conflickt, Protect the Ocean Environment.
Read this article: "China's Rise is a Big Reason to Ratify the Law of the Sea Convention"
2. Ocean Energy: Global Warming, Oceans Especially Threatened, Ocean Renewable Energy Superior.
Read Offshore Wind: Decision Time
3. Rare Earths: Vital to National Security, China has Monopoly, Ocean Offers Superior Alternative.
4. Seaports: Federal Responsibility, Vital to US Economy, Vital to Environment, RAMP Act Solves.
5. Coral Reefs: Reefs Dying Now, All Life in the Ocean is at Risk, Restoration is Superior to Preservation